Auto Update Thr!ve Online
Your POS system has the ability to automatically update Thrive online with every menu change. OR, you can go to Thrive Online and import once your changes are complete. To set the auto-update, navigate to Configuration / General / Store Set Up and click on "Update Thrive Online Automatically When Items Change". If you are making a lot of changes, you may find it faster to leave this off, make all your changes, import, then turn this on for future maintenance issues.
Click on Configuration / Items / Department and choose to edit your 1st Department, then click on Size.
- Display names and descriptions:
Verify they're correct and user friendly. You can select a size and then edit the description, display name. You just have to do this at the department level. Make sure if you are using the 2nd column that you update these as well.
- Not available online: If you want the size available for order online make sure the box is NOT
checked. Some sizes, such as slices, or fountain drinks, may not be available online so check the box for those.
Click on Configuration / Items - and then expand the hierarchy to see the Categories.
- Display names and descriptions: Verify they're correct and user friendly.
- Not available online: If you do not want a category available online you would click the checkbox.
in mind that your modifiers, requirements, and other categories must be available online if they are used as a modifier. You'll be able to control how they appear on the online menu in your online setup.
Not Available Online: Items that you don't want to see online, mark not available online (or do it at the category level)
Keep in mind that items that are used in requirements need to be available online. However, you don't have to put them on the menu.
Display Names and Descriptions: Verify they are correct and customer friendly.
Size: Make sure the N/A is set in pricing for any size that is not allowed for this item. If you set a 0.00 price for size, it will be allowed and will be no charge.
Set up excluded modifiers: If any topping category within the same department does not apply. For example, you may have an appetizer department with categories for Salads, Fried Apps, Wings and Breads. Modifiers like Dipping Sauces that apply to Wings do not apply to the Salad category. Read this article to learn more about excluding modifiers.
Suggestions: A popup that will suggest to the customer other items that will go well with their order. So for each item (or category), you can set an item to recommend. (This is optional)
Inclusions / Requirements
Check the wording of requirements titles to make sure they are consumer-friendly.
Mark auto-apply coupons as not available online if you don't want them to apply automatically.
Consider adding a coupon code to other coupons, unless they are auto-apply, or you wish to put them as a button on the menu.
Not available online: If you do not wish to accept a certain tender type online make sure the Not Available Online box is checked. For example, if you only want to take credit card orders, you will mark Cash as not available online.
Mark the box to require a CCV # for Thr!ve Online orders, if you desire.
- What if an item in a particular size is not available online? Example: I have a size called "To Go Cup". Soda is not available to order online in this size, but coffee is. Solution: Create a new size for the coffee "To go cup" that is available online, and price it as n/a for soda.
- What if I want a requirement to apply online only? Example: I sell cookies. In the store, the customer can just grab the cookie so I don't need to know what flavor. Online, I want them to pick a flavor.
Solution: Create a new cookie item for online ordering, with a requirement for flavor.